Hackathon was at the heart of CMTW last year. Continuing with the tradition, we shall be organizing it again this year as part of MTC 2020. Hackathon shall be running in a parallel theme. You need not be an author to participate in the hackathon. As a participant you shall be provided with clinically relevant challenge to solve along with your team in three days. You will get access to clinicians and to other domain experts to understand and come-up with a solution for your challenge. You will have access to Medical devices lab with all kinds of hardware and software available at your disposal to come up with a basic prototype of your solution.
If you are one who loves to be hands-on and solve real problems on ground, this is your opportunity. All hackathon participants shall be awarded certificates. Winners shall be given cash prizes. Major companies and startups might be on-board to offer internships.
Process of Hackathon:
- All registered participants shall be divided into teams with a process of random allocation. A procedure shall be followed to have as much diversity of expertise in every team as possible. If you already have a team with enough diversity in your skills, we can consider pooling you as one single team.
- From the pool of challenge problems available, every team shall be assigned one; again using random allocation.
- All teams shall visit hospital on first day and shall be given exposure to the exact requirements on field through tours of departments and meetings with clinicians.
- From same day evening Teams shall be given access to the lab space where they can spend their time in coming up with a prototype or concept of their solution to the assigned challenge.
- On the last day, all teams shall present their solution to a jury of clinicians, scientists and industry experts.
- Top three teams shall be awarded with cash prizes worth Rs. 1 lakh.
- Every participant shall get a certificate of participation.
- Prior online registration is essential to compete in the hackathon.
- On day of the evaluation, each team would be required to submit a two-page summary of their solution in the MTC format. Best solutions and write-ups will be included in the proceedings. Proceedings of MTC shall be published by our publication partner Taylor & Francis.
- Internships shall be on offer for the winners of the hackathon from reputed companies and startups.
How to Register
You should first fill the following form expressing your interest before Nov. 05.
A selection committee shall look at all the applications and shortlist applicants based on quality. These applicants shall be invited to register for the hackathon by paying the registration fees. If the applicant with offer do not register in a week, their slot shall be given to next candidates in waiting list.
For more information on registration please see the registration page.